webheader2
MapDepots2

website design by Creative Line Design Group

iso9001reg
iso14001reg
BirGold
BMRA
NFDC

History

Home Information Metal and Waste Recycling History
MWlogoWO

1970

G.A.D. Holdings Ltd (GD Metal Co.) formed.

1987

Purchase of Salts Scrap Metal, Walsall.

1989

Opening of processing site at Thornwood, Essex.

1990

Purchase of C.H. Ford (Birmingham).

1995

Purchase of Site in Deptford, South London.

1997

Purchase of site, South Shields, Tyne & Wear.

1998

Company becomes G.D. Metal Recycling Ltd.

1998

First export facility opened - wharf on the River Thames.

1999

Purchase of Enfield Metal Trading, North London.

1999

Purchase of Shepherds of Newcastle.

1999

Purchase of F.W. Rooke, North London.

2000

Purchase of 4-acre dock, Barking, London.

2001

Deptford processing facility opened.

2002

Leimbach Shear Installed at Edmonton H.Q.

2003

Leimbach Shear Installed at Deptford.

2003

Purchase of H Williams & Sons Ltd, Hitchin, Herts.

2003/4

Joint venture to comply with ELV Regulations.

2005

Queen’s Award for Enterprise For International Trade.

2005

Purchase of Foreman Recycling Ltd, Co. Durham.

2005

Company becomes Metal & Waste Recycling Ltd.

2005

Purchase of William Fry & Company, West London.

2006

Foreman Recycling, Wednesbury opened.

2007

Purchase of Brookes Metals, Cradley Heath.

2008

Site at Cambridge for supplier.

2010

new bespoke facility opened within Seaham Habour.

2010

Awarded the Queens Award (International Trade).

2010

New dedicated container loading facilty.

2010

Bespoke cable granulation plant installed at Edmonton.

2010

Reusable steel department running from premises at Wednesbury.

2010

1000 Tonne Leimbach Shear installed at Cradley Heath premises.

2010

A new Can and Glass line commissioned at Foreman Recycling site in Spennymoor.

2011

A new scrap metal processing facility opened in Telford.

2011

A new waste paper, cardboard and plastics facility opened in Cox's Lane, West Midlands